Our Rio Grande Jamaica rafting trips allow you to leisurely cruise down the river for 2 to 3 hours taking in the lush scenery. It is fed by torrential rains flowing down from the Blue Mountains and flows from up in the foothills through lush tropical forests, beautiful valleys and towering hillsides.
Bamboo rafting originated as a means for the transportation of produce, such as bananas from the innermost parts of the island to the harbor in Port Antonio.
It was not until the iconic Hollywood movie star Errol Flynn, who had made Port Antonio his home, started rafting on the Rio Grande in Jamaica for fun that it became a recreational activity. He used to challenge guests to rafting races along the river. Rio Grande River rafting has now become one of Jamaica’s top attractions, loved by both locals and visitors.
A licensed and skilled raft captain will pole your bamboo raft made for 2 passengers down-river. You will witness some of the most breath-taking views you will ever see. For approximately 2-3 hours you will be amazed at the natural beauty of Jamaica that you get to witness.
Rio Grande Jamaica Rafting Trips Include
- Round trip transfer in an air-conditioned vehicle to and from the Rio Grande river trips in Portland
- Pickup and drop off at your accommodation
- Raft Captain to steer you on the Rio Grande river tours
- A local guide to assist you on your trip
- Additional refreshments
- Any additional expenses
2 people – 15%
3 – 9 people – 33%
10 and over – 50%
Group discounts are applied to addons as well during checkout.
The add-on prices shown below have the maximum group discount rates applied
Refreshment Pack – this is an igloo with ice, plastic cups, red stripe beers, water and fruit drinks $30
Photographer Package – have a photographer with a DSLR accompany you and take high-quality photos of your Blue Lagoon Jamaica tour. You will get them sent to your email afterward $40
Reach Falls Tour – visit Reach Falls to climb their waterfalls, swim and have fun $75
Blue Lagoon Rafting – Go rafting right on the Lagoon for a peaceful and serene experience $70 (Covers 2 people)
Blue Lagoon Boat Ride – stop at the lagoon to enjoy a boat ride to monkey island or a private beach and swim in the hot and cold water $60
Cancel this tour 7 or more days before the tour date and you will receive a 100 percent refund
Any cancellations done after 7 days before the date of your tour will be NON-REFUNDABLE
What To Expect
My Jamaican Tour Guide will transfer you to either Berrydale for your Rio Grande rafting Jamaica journey to begin down the river. We will purchase your rafting ticket for you
Enjoy a slow, lazy crawl down the river and take in lush greenery while your boatman navigates through Lover’s Rock, beautiful groves covered in ferns and majestic bamboo arches.
After you board your raft with your boatman and begin your journey down the river, our driver will depart to Rafter’s Rest, where the boat ride will terminate. He will await your arrival downstream. Afterwards, you can continue to enjoy the river, have lunch for the day or depart for another tour.
What To Bring On Your Rio Grande Jamaica Rafting Trips
- Insect repellent
- Cash to purchase souvenirs & lunch
- Change of clothing
- A tip for guide and driver (if desired)
Why you should book our Rio Grande River Tours
- Professional drivers and guides will remove the hassle from your trip
- You get picked up right at your accommodation, taken to the tour and transferred right back where we met you
- Your rafting fee is included, so you do not need to handle paying any money
- Work with a solid company with years of experience conducting hundreds of Rio Grande river Jamaica tours
- A percentage of your tour price will be donated to charity
- Our vehicles are fully licensed, registered and insured
- You can purchase add-on packages from us when booking to increase the fun and adventure for the day
After picking you up, we will transfer you to Berrydale in Portland to begin your Rio Grande Jamaica rafting trips
After we purchase your ticket for you, you will be assigned a ferryman to take you along the river. At the end of the river you will disembark and meet the driver to take you back to your accommodation.
After your Rio Grande River rafting tour has ended, we will take you back to your accommodation.