The Green Grotto Caves Jamaica tours are a speleologist’s fantasy! Prepare to be immersed into a fraction of Jamaica/s rich history as you explore the island’s premier cave. Its history can be traced to a number of Jamaica’s founding races, especially the Tainos (Arawak Indians) who were the first to use these caves. Some of their artifacts can be found in the caves to this very day.
Much of the caves remain unexplored to this day, as it encompasses 25.9 hectares of land, located on the island’s northern coast. It runs between Montego Bay and Ocho Rios and is 1,525 meters long and 12 meters deep. It is characterized by an underground lake known as the Grotto Lake, multiple chambers and light holes.
Its central feature is a labyrinth-like limestone cave, with many rock formations, overhead ceiling pockets, stalagmites, stalactites and of course bats. This attraction has won numerous awards, including the Green Globe 21 Certification.
So if you are seeking a guided cave exploration experience in Jamaica, then the Green Grotto Caves tour is your best bet. This is an excellent trip for school trips, family reunions, and corporate retreats.
Green Grotto Caves Jamaica Tours Prices Include
- Entrance fee for Jamaica Green Grotto Caves
- A member of the My Jamaican Tour Guide team for assistance
- Round trip transportation to and from your hotel
- A professional driver with an air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch (unless added during checkout)
- Additional refreshments
- Any additional expenses
2 people – 15%
3 – 9 people – 33%
10 and over – 50%
Group discounts are applied to addons as well during checkout.
The add-on prices shown below have the maximum group discount rates applied
Refreshment pack – this is an igloo with ice, plastic cups, red stripe beers, water and fruit drinks $30
Dolphin Cove Admission Plus – gain entry to Dolphin Cove to swim with stingrays among other activities, and purchase upgrades like swimming with sharks and dolphins. Includes buffet lunch $150 Adults | $126 Children under 12
Dunn’s River Falls – climb the waterfalls at Jamaica’s most popular attraction $60
Scotchies Jerk Centre Lunch – have lunch at the popular dining spot in Ocho Rios $40
Cancel this tour 7 or more days before the tour date and you will receive a 100 percent refund
Any cancellations done after 7 days before the date of your tour will be NON-REFUNDABLE
What To Expect
We will transfer you to Green Grotto Caves Ocho Rios Jamaica, where you will receive a guided tour of the cave.
We will pay your entrance fee for you, which is included in the cost. We can arrange for you to purchase lunch at a restaurant in Ocho Rios, however, pre-booking is needed.
When your adventure is complete, we will pick you up and transfer you back to your accommodation, cruise ship or on other scheduled activities.
What To Bring
- Cash to purchase souvenirs
- Comfortable shoes
- Tip for the guide (if desired)
Why You Should Book Your Green Grotto Caves Jamaica Tours With MJTG:
- Professional drivers and guides will remove the hassle from your trip
- We will pick you up directly at your accommodation and take you to the Green Grotto Caves tour
- Your entrance fee is included, and we pre-book your tour when possible so you will skip the line and avoid handling cash
- Work with a solid company with years of experience conducting numerous Green Grotto Cave tours
- A percentage of your tour price will be donated to charity
- Our vehicles are fully licensed, registered and insured
- Our unique add-on services can allow you to truly customize your trip
We will pick you up at your hotel or cruise ship port and transfer you to the Green Grotto Cave
Spend some time exploring the cave and learning about the history of the Runaway Bay
After the Green Grotto Caves Jamaica tours has ended we will transfer you back to your accommodation, ship port or to other scheduled activities (if purchased).